Virtual Reality Stimulator – VRS
• VRS is a complete framework designed for cognitive and neurophysiology investigations using Virtual Reality and multimedia.
• VRS is a flexible software and hardware system providing key
functionalities for supporting complete experiment protocols, from authoring to data collection.
• VRS provides tools for generating stimuli (visual, aural and mechanical) and authoring experiment (timeline and event based scheduling).
• Using a real-time kernel, VRS supports sub-millisecond accuracy for generating stimuli and for recording subjects responses.
Synchronisation with external devices such as EEG recorders is supported.
• VRS supports experiment events and tracking data recording and time stamping, as well as experiment monitoring.
• VRS can perform Cognitive Workload investigations.
The VRS is a system for highly accurate and precise multi media based stimulation of human subjects and recording the subjects response:
• Stereoscopic Head Mounted Display with integrated cameras (for video see-through), headset and eye-tracking system.
• 6 degrees of freedom head and hand tracking system.
• Joystick for 3D navigation.
• Button-box for subject response.
• Dataglove for mechanical stimulation.
• VRS authoring software:
• 2D and VR visual, aural and mechanical stimuli authoring.
• Easy experiment authoring via stimuli scheduling and python scripting.
• VRS experiment execution software.
• Stimuli scheduling and rendering.
• Data recording and time stamping.
• VRS monitoring and control software for online supervision of experiments.