Exposed Payload Hosting Unit – XPHU
The XPHU is an external versatile platform capable to host multiple payloads exposed to deep space and to interface them to the spacecraft.
The unit comprises a mechanical structure for payload accommodation and housing of the avionics and harnessing, a Power Conditioning & Distribution Unit (CDHU) and a Command & Data Handling Unit (CDHU) designed to support a large variety of payload communication interfaces and protocols.
The XPHU is adapted to LEO stations, InOrbit Servicing with in orbit installation or swapping of external payload by robotic means.
- Exposed Payloads Accommodation and Servicing
- Remote Terminal Unit (RTU)
- Polling of Instruments & Sensors
- Centralizing collected data
- Local storage
- PCDU Monitor & Control
- CCSDS Telemetry &Telecommand Engine
- NTP and Time Stamp service
- TCP/IP stack