Operations Planning tool – OPT
OPT provides an efficient and centralised way to manage the planning and execution of the use of complex shared systems.
The tool allows to maximise system utilisation by providing a streamlined, and coherent way of coordinating objectives and planning operations. In particular, the tool supports the following features and functionalities:
- Requirements gathering
- Objectives coordination
- Planning Function • Facility/equipment Life Cycle Management • Central Repository for System Operations Integration data • Reporting on status of objectives achieved and operations performed Philosophy OPT enables a number of stakeholders to coordinate and plan the use of a shared system. Each potential user of the system can create descriptions of their intended use and the capabilities required. The OPT tool integrates the intended uses, assess feasibility and supports human intervention to resolve conflicting use. OPT supports distributed decision making by the stakeholders.
OPT can be used to plan individual stakeholders operations which may then be shared and integrated with other stakeholders. The tool can be deployed as a single central tool or at multiple locations which are coordinated with the central tool.
OPT enables the exchange of Planning Models between stakeholders and users. The Central Tool aggregates the Planning Models stemming from the users. Stakeholders then integrate the individual Planning Models in a shared timeline so as to avoid conflicts on resource and scheduling before sharing the results with other stakeholders and users.
OPT includes a database centralising the collection of information covering a wide spectrum of elements related to objectives, facilities, equipment and resources needed to operate the system.
- Semi-automated and supervised systems planning
- Aviation maintenance operations planning
- Space systems operations planning
- Maritime and subsea operations coordination and planning
- Shared scientific research infrastructure operations coordination and planning
- Nuclear industry operations planning and analysis
Planning Model Builder
The Planning Model Builder is at the core of OPT. It offers an exhaustive way to design and characterise an operation. An interactive timeline allows planners to intuitively drag tasks from a list representing different activities. The timeline can be inspected at different scales, from minutes to months.
- OPT set up and configuration for various applications
- Activity requirements gathering
- De-conflicting of plans
- Budgeting and tracking of resources
- Document Management