The initial assignment is the development of mission planning software for the European Space Agency (ESA) and NASA. Experiments and activities in the International Space Station (ISS) have to be designed carefully, taking into account the specific mission and resources constraints including the availability of astronauts. In addition, ESA and International Partners have to coordinate their plans constantly to avoid scheduling or resources conflicts. In this activity, the software is developed using an agile method.
Software Engineer – Mission Planning Software Development(M/F)
Systems Engineer - Future Projects & Exploration
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe
The position is in the Control and Data Centres Team (Systems Department) comprises of 8 persons.
The candidate will mainly report to the Control and Data Centres Team Lead.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in design and development of software implemented in Python
- Proven experience with software development lifecycle
- Fluency with relational database and SQL
- Ability to write high-quality software project documentation in English
- Good knowledge of Linux systems as a user and administrator:
– Good understanding of IP networks, firewall, VPM, routing.
The following skills will be considered as an asset:
- Experience Django framework, development of enterprise software, modern frontend programming (especially ES6, React, Redux)
- Competence with system deployment and orchestration tools: Docker, Ansible.
Candidates will have the following skills
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Ability to work in distributed international teams
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and the USA
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
Candidates shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Image Credits: NASA.
This image of Europe’s Columbus space laboratory aboard the International Space Station was taken by ESA astronaut Luca Parmitano during his spacewalk on July 9, 2013.
Candidates shall have European nationality.
The application deadline is 28 September 2018
- Include your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) and send to to email@example.com
- For this position, the contact person is Mr. Rani Pinchuk