- Participating in all phases of the code delivery process
- Analysing customers’ requirements and dealing with their questions
- Defining technical and architectural solutions to improve the code & design
- Implementing new functionalities for an advanced web-based software application
- Developing (deep learning) algorithms for analysing natural language and other data formats
- Reviewing code changes from your peers before they go into production
- Demonstrating your work to the Team and Customer on a regular basis.
The work will be performed at our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area) in the Software & Ground Systems Division, responsible for development of all Company software products, and as a member of the Knowledge Management Team.
You will be working on a data analytics platform for the security domain that converts raw data to useful insights for the Customer.
You will bring your own insights to the Team, explore new technologies, immediately apply your findings into practice and support demonstration to the Customer.
If you are a Software Engineer with a passion for developing well designed, high quality and clean code you should not be afraid to delve into real-life data to uncover patterns.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent proven experience
- Proven experience with:
– Web: React, Redux, D3, SASS, ES6, Webpack, NPM
– Back-end technologies: Java 8, Spring
- Knowledge of build automation tools is considered as a strong asset: Gradle, Webpack, Docker, Gitlab CI
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch or Machine Learning is considered as a strong asset
- Several years of professional experience in a similar position is preferred
Candidates will have the following skills
- Opinionated but open for discussion and change
- A proactive approach, willing to take initiative and able to work independently
- Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Customer and team oriented
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Full professional proficiency in Dutch and English, written and spoken.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company, with offices located in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and the USA
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate teams, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time employment position.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Candidates shall have European nationality.
The application deadline is 10 August 2018
- Include your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) and send to to email@example.com
- For this position, the contact person is Mr. Nick Evers