The primary responsibility of the Product Assurance & Safety Engineer is to update and enhance the Company Quality Management System and ensure its respect and execution at all levels within the organisation, including:
- Implementing and updated the Company PA&S (Product Assurance & Safety) policy, manuals and procedures in compliance with the Company Quality Management System (QMS)
- Reviewing customer and supplier documentation for compliance with the Company PA&S policy and QMS
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline and relevant documentation for assigned projects
- Preparing Safety Analyses, Flight Safety Data Packages, Maintenance Safety Assessments and Hazard Reports in accordance with SSP 30599, SSP 51700 and SSP 50021 ISS Standards
- Monitoring and controlling PCB, harness, connectors, mechanical systems and assessing the implementation of the PA&S programme for designated (flight) hardware & software projects including NCRs/SPRs
- Coordinating the PA&S activities assigned to the various PA&S engineers, including the required PA documentation such as Flight Safety Certificates, Test Reports, Analyses, Certificates of Compliance, close-out of the safety verifications identified in Hazard Reports, etc.
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements
- Participating in progress meetings, Change Control Board meetings and project reviews at all levels
- Supporting Company Risk Management activities as in the laboratory and cleanroom including the storage, the handling and the transportation of equipment.