The work assignation will initially deal with the development of control software components for complex robotic components related to space robotics applications (planetary and in space), in challenging ESA and/or EC funded projects. These projects in particular include (1) the development of control strategies for haptic force feedback exoskeleton technology and (2) the implementation of visual servoing control software for on-orbit servicing applications.
Tasks may involve:
- Analysing potential control strategies, carrying out trade-offs accounting for electronic boards options and taking into account mission requirements
- Developing hardware and software test setups to validate the suitability of control strategies
- Developing simulation environment to test and validate developed software
- Supporting the end-to-end implementation, testing and optimisation on target robot architecture
- Generating the technical documentation required all along the process.