The work assignation will initially relate to the design and manufacturing of complex robotic components for space robotics applications (planetary and in space), in challenging ESA and EC funded projects. These projects in particular include (1) design evolutions of a standard mating interface for modular spacecraft assembly and reconfiguration and (2) design evolution of a moon planetary rover concept.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Analysing potential concepts and technologies for the mechanical components to be designed, taking into account mission requirements and various trade-offs
- Carrying out design trade-offs with rapid prototyping approaches
- Carrying out end-to-end CAD modelling and preparing models for manufacturing
- Supporting the end-to-end MAIT process for the designed components
- Generating the technical documentation required all along the process
- Supporting structural analysis.