- Analysing potential concepts and technologies for the mechanical components to be designed, taking into account mission requirements and various trade-offs
- Carrying out design trade-offs with rapid prototyping approaches
- Carrying out end-to-end CAD modelling and preparing models for manufacturing
- Supporting the end-to-end MAIT process for the designed components
- Generating the technical documentation required all along the process
- Supporting structural analysis.
Robotics Software <br> Engineer
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Robotics, Mechanisms and Structure (RMS) Team (Systems Department) comprises of 10 persons.
The candidate will mainly report to the RMS Team Lead.
The work assignation will initially relate to the design and manufacturing of complex robotic components for space robotics applications (planetary and in space), in challenging ESA and EC funded projects. These projects in particular include (1) design evolutions of a standard mating interface for modular spacecraft assembly and reconfiguration and (2) design evolution of a moon planetary rover concept.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- CAD Engineer (MSc or PhD) with 3 to 5 years of professional experience in space robotics applications
- Outstanding proficiency with CAD tools (e.g. Solidworks) and proven track record of complex mechanisms design
- Excellent understanding of materials, tolerances, supply chains and COTS procurement for space products
- Hands-on experience with integration of complex assemblies
- Proficiency with technical documents production
- Good knowledge of the space engineering life cycle
- Good knowledge of qualification process and constraints (as well as relevant ESA ECSS standards).
Candidates will have the following skills
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Ability to work in distributed international teams
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- An opportunity to be involved in outstanding space robotics projects
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands and the USA
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package and relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
Candidates shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
We are looking for someone to start as of 1st February 2019.
- Include your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) and send to email@example.com
- For this position, the contact person is Ms. Dinara Karimova